Hello,
    I want to buy a tablet and have with very specific demands, although I am not an expert in this field. I hope you guys can help me with an optimal choice.
    As in a description, I will be using tablet almost only for studying. So it does not have to be very fast - just fluent and able to launch aplications like 3d anatomy etc.
    Very important featuresm that I mainly care about are:
    1. Attached stylus, working excellent, fluently, without any delays or jamming
    2. Possibility to work in multitasking mode - split screen view, where I can launch two apps at once and for example take notes in OneNote reading a pdf book opened in another app
    3. Descent battery - for at least one day of hard work; approximately 10 hours of non stop using
    4. Long term actualisation support - I'd like the tablet to work for me for at least 4 years
    5. Price - the less the better, but I will be happy if the cost was similar or a bit lower than Galaxy Tab S2 (but if you have some more expensive ideas, I am happy to review them)
    6. Not neccesarily, but mat screen would be much appreciated.
    As for now, I was adviced these tablets - what do you think about them:
    Galaxy Tab S2(is there stylus attached?)
    Galaxy Tab S3(quite expensive)
    iPad Pro(expensive+ I don't want iOS)
    Galaxy Note 8.0 and 10.1
    Thank you for all your help in advance.
    10-08-2017 12:11 PM
    Galaxy Note 8 and 10.1 are from 2012/2013 and stuck on old versions of Android and really starting to show their age, you don't want those.

Tab S2 is good despite being a couple years old but has no support for an active stylus that will provide pressure sensitivity or good writing. There are other stylus out there but without palm rejection and pressure note taking is an absolute pain in my opinion.

Tab S3 is arguably the best Android tablet right now, includes the S Pen which uses Wacom tech to provide 4096 levels of pressure.

Cheaper option you overlooked would be the Galaxy Tab A, there's a version that includes an S Pen that is built into it. I think Best Buy has them for $349.99. Watch out if shopping for this one, there is an old and new version. Old one has weaker specs, and a lower res 9.7inch screen, new one is a 10.1 inch with updated internals and better display.
    10-08-2017 01:04 PM
    On point #6 , you won't find a matte screen on a touch device, it simply doesn't work well.

From your list of specs, you may be best served looking at an iPad Pro 9.7" with the Apple Pencil. Yes, it's an expensive setup (and you said you don't want iOS) but for those uses and long-term viability it's probably the best solution. Samsung has historically left the tablets behind as far as even security patches, that's not even to mention major OS updates.

I have the 2014 Galaxy Note 10.1, it's really starting to show its age at this point. It's become sluggish to the point that some screen taps take several seconds to register and any app that has ads included is sluggish until the ads finish loading, sometimes registering touches on things I didn't want because the screen changed slightly.
    10-08-2017 01:36 PM