I am pretty sure some water got into the phone speaker (on the back) after i left the phone on a wet surface, after that the phone screen and buttons (back, home and recent tasks) malfunction as if somebody is pressing them rapidly to the point of being unable to unlock my phone (double tap on lock screen to turn phone off) the phone is ASUS Zenfone 2 laser.

its been this way for around a week now and I want to know if I have to get a replacement screen and digitizer, or if i can somehow fix this myself, if the latter, how.
    10-08-2017 02:48 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! The problem is that if water damage can be unpredictable and insidious. So if you were to replace the screen, you might find some other problems with the buttons, or speakers. Or there might be some more fundamental damage to the motherboard. It's unfortunately way too late to try any desiccation measures (e.g., the old bag of rice method).
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    10-09-2017 06:01 PM
    That is usually the result of corrosion on the connectors where the wires attack to the main board.

I've had about a 50% success rate taking phones apart and cleaning the connectors with electronics cleaner and a toothbrush.

Some times the damage is too bad for cleaning to work.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    10-09-2017 06:35 PM
    How can I fix it I have to put it all the way up to my eat to hear
    09-06-2018 05:44 PM