Fellows~
    I've noticed various settings on my phone, such as location, Bluetooth, auto screen rotation, etc., changing "on their own." I go in and change them back, but, eventually, they'll again spontaneously change. It happened recently that about half my contacts simply disappeared. Some of them, but not all, have reappeared on their own.
    Anytime one subscribes to an app, s(he) is required to give the app liberties, or "access," as apps benignly call it, with her/his phone's data; often contracts, texts, contacts, calls, camera, and other information. Often apps require vague access to one's "files." I often wonder whether these mysterious goings-on in our phones' settings are caused by these apps messing around "in there," doing whatever it is they do.
    There must be others who have similar wonderings. There are masses of folk brighter and more knowledgeable than I on this subject. Perhaps someone knows if there are or could be a correlation between the myterious changes like those I've described and the activities of apps in our phones. Hopefully, some brilliant reader will know and tell us what we can do to protect ourselves and our phones from this type of invasion.
    Thanks!
    10-11-2017 12:51 PM
    Does this persist in safe mode? Try that, if it doesn't then perhaps you're looking at a particular app that might be causing this.
    10-11-2017 02:04 PM