I had a gs7 and I lost it and I thought my memos were backed up but I knowiest the phone i have know is a gs8 and itI don't even have a memo app on this phone how can I recover the files because they are very important
    10-14-2017 03:41 PM
    Welcome to the forums. I am not sure if notes get backed up to your Samsung account. Have you tried signing in to see if they are there?
    10-14-2017 04:32 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Unfortunately, this is the problem with proprietary note-taking apps preinstalled by the manufacturer -- those notes are often compatible only with that app. To make matters worse, it's not unusual for a manufacturer to abandon that app (or change it) in successive new phone models. In the future, I highly recommend using a note-taking app that is more universal (like Google Keep), which will make it much easier to transfer information from one device to another.
    10-14-2017 04:39 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Unfortunately, this is the problem with proprietary note-taking apps preinstalled by the manufacturer -- those notes are often compatible only with that app. To make matters worse, it's not unusual for a manufacturer to abandon that app (or change it) in successive new phone models. In the future, I highly recommend using a note-taking app that is more universal (like Google Keep), which will make it much easier to transfer information from one device to another.
    In addition, Google Keep is accessible on a desktop computer as well.
    10-14-2017 07:31 PM
    Actually the Samsung Memo app is on the Galaxy App Store. This comes from people always complaining that Samsung always puts their own apps onto the phone, then when it's gone, people complain. Weird.

Just sign in to your Samsung account, download the Memo app, and it will download the synced notes.
    Laura Knotek and B. Diddy like this.
    10-14-2017 07:38 PM
    Thanks for that info, @chanchan05! I've always wondered -- are S Memo and S Notes interchangeable? I've heard that trying to transfer these kinds of notes from an older Samsung phone to a newer one can sometimes be tricky.
    10-14-2017 10:13 PM
    Thanks for that info, @chanchan05! I've always wondered -- are S Memo and S Notes interchangeable? I've heard that trying to transfer these kinds of notes from an older Samsung phone to a newer one can sometimes be tricky.
    Based on experience, S Memo and S Notes will sync, except for S Notes that contain drawings. However, I have no idea regarding the new Samsung Notes on the Note 8. Notes from my old Galaxy S transferred no issues to my Note 2, and from my Note 2 to the S7 Edge.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    10-15-2017 12:11 AM