I have a Galaxy S4 from Verizon. Even though I have many of their apps not running I have not a lot of memory left. My phone is a 16GB out of which only 5.70 GB are left. Miscellaneous files takes 6.26GB which cannot be deleted I have a 29GB SD Card that is almost empty. I have a few apps that I have been able to transfer to the SD card like Facebook, Ralphs, eBay, Messenger, Instagram etc. I would like to download more apps but every time I do it, I cannot move them to the SD card. Why do some apps can be transferred to the SD card and other can't? Is there another way beside rooting the phone. I not a technical person and do not want to mess up my phone. Unfortunately I cannot afford to get a new phone either.
    10-14-2017 07:52 PM
    A common problem. Apps are getting bigger, phones use more memory, so anyone buying a smaller capacity device will encounter this problem.
    The developers who design the apps have to write the code for the option to move to SD card. Problem being is that only a part of the app can be moved, the guts stays on the device. So you have an app operating from two places which can get difficult.
    So basically apart from moving any media to the card, you are stuck with what you have there unfortunately...
    10-14-2017 11:00 PM
    While most apps will not move, due to the choices made by the programmer, some of the apps that use lots of data space (camera, maps, GPS, games) will let you store their data on the SD card while the app stays on the internal storage. Check the settings in these individual apps.
    10-15-2017 07:23 PM