Hi, hard to explain what I mean, but when some people call me, everytime I talk I can't hear what they are saying.

Normally when I talk on the phone, we can talk at the same time, but with some calls, if I talk, their end goes totally silent if that makes sense. This is really frustrating because I don't know if I am cutting them off. There is also a slight gap in time, so if I so much as breathe too loud, I miss part of what they are saying.

Gah - frustrating to explain what I mean. Kind of like a walkie talkie and only one end of the line is working at a time.

I have a samsung (S5). Not sure if it is specific to my phone.

Thanks in advance for any help on this.
    10-14-2017 08:44 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! This is with standard calls, and not with some 3rd party VoIP calling, right?

Open the Phone app, and tap Menu>Settings>Call Settings. Is there an option there for Noise Cancellation? If so, try toggling that on or off to see if it makes a difference. Also, go to the main System Settings, then Mobile Network, and look for a VoLTE option (which could be called Advanced Calling, Enhanced 4G, or HD Voice), and toggle that on or off.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    10-14-2017 11:32 PM