Please help me with selecting a new phone!

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I am currently using Droid Razr Maxx (~3 years old) and it is breaking down. Initially the bottom panels didnt work, took it to a great reviewed place and they "broke" it by making the phone shut down when there's slight impact. Imagine gently tossing phone to the drivers seat or even on the sofa - boom it turns off.

Anyway, i am in the market for new phone and i want the "best" in terms of longevity, i am not looking to upgrade my phone every year. I did do some research and it seems Galaxy is always a good choice and the pixel 2 is coming out soon. Looking ahead in the near future, i find the following:
Huawei Mate 10 - 16 October launch
LG G7 - Potential January 2018 launch
Samsung Galaxy S9 - Potential January 2018 launch

If those phones are better i might have patience to wait though. Also, not sure what Black Friday deals brings in either. But whatever phone i do get, i want it to be one of "the best" and can last me at least 2 years...

Thanks for your help!

Tim1954

Q&A Team
Jan 17, 2016
Visit site
Ah well, you have certainly plenty of choices. It of course, will depend on a range of things such as price, to start with.
I have always gone with the galaxy phones, but there are many great devices out there. The new google one with titanium frame and sapphire back does interest me a bit. New devices tend to be very fragile..
So maybe give us a few more preferences and hopefully many ppl will share their experiences with their own choices.
Ultimately, going to a phone shop and holding the device on your hands would be the ideal way to choose..
Good luck!

shaselai

Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the quick reply!
Price is not an issue as I am the type of shopper who want to get the best available while still seeking great deal opportunities.

I know there are some recent ones out there like 5+ and others. I do take them into consideration too but i think i want something that's latest and greatest so that OS updates etc. gets supported further. Case in point, my phone stopped being supported a year ago, and some apps i use dont even support the OS anymore. My concern is if i get something that has been released a little while back (couple months), i might lose out on updates.

In terms of additional requirements of the phone... Well i think all the phones nowadays got good camera and can take quick shots (mine takes like 2 seconds to take a shot..). 64 gb is survivable but 128 is preferred, but not a deal breaker.

I dont want it to be huge like a note, but i think XL is OK (my workphone is Iphone 8 XL).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae