Last week I got the LG V30 and suddenly wasn't able to receive my Dad's text messages when using Android messages app. He can receive mine and his show up in the stock LG messaging app even when it's not the default. He has a Galaxy S7 on At&t and I'm in Verizon.

One thing Android messaging is doing is it seems like it's trying to load conversations that just aren't there. I deleted the cashe and app data so it's not doing it at the moment. I'll attach a picture of it does again.

I've also used Textra and that works too but what's weird with that app is there ends up being two conversations for him.

Yesterday I did a factory reset and when the phone was back up I downloaded Android messages before doing anything else and he sent me a picture which I got but but then couldn't receive just texts in that app. I asked him to send another picture but he didn't seem to understand the question lol.... After that I deleted his contact but he hasn't responded to me yet so I don't know if it's working out not.

Can anyone suggest suggest anything else? I just find it very odd that it's just him and just in the one app.
    10-15-2017 04:29 AM