unfortunately the process com.google.process.gapps has stopped (Smart TV)

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Hello, I have a Supra 43" Android TV which is great and have 4.4.4 KitKat Version TTX-V012. But I keep get this annoying pop up error "unfortunately the process com.google.process.gapps has stopped" which appears 3-4 times in a row and I have to click 'ok' to disappear. This happens after startup TV and when appear this notification the TV will be restart would you please tell me how to solve this problem..what is services menu and how can get software of this TV. Thank you.

rocket99

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
Unfortunately, Android 4.4.4 is not supported very much anymore so many, if not most, of your apps will not play nicely on it, especially if you update them. That said, first try to wipe the cache of the app you are experiencing problems with, then do likewise with Google Play Services. And if no luck, try updating Play Services. If you just recently updated the problematic app, go and uninstall it or remove the update. If you uninstall it, go to an app site, such as Apkmirror, Apkpure, or Aptoide, to get an older version of the app and install that instead of the latest version that Play store offers.Now, I don't have enough information on your issue, but I would recommend that you look into upgrading to Google Marshmallow (6.0.1). Either by upgrading your TV, or hopefully just your OS. OK, I hope something I mentioned helps, but you will find that KitKat is going to be less and less supported by both Android and the app devs as everyone moves to Art and away from Davlik.

rocket99

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
Oh, is your item an Android box? If so, your problem is almost certainly you Google Play Services (GPS) update. Its an automated update, and I'm pretty sure your update version is wrong, you probably updated to either the normal Android cell phone version, or the Android TV version. In either case you need the other one. The best way to check is to install the opposite of what you have, if you can't find out what you should have. I'm going to guess your OS is a normal Android cell/tablet OS and you updated GPS to the Android TV version. OR!... You might have an app that doesn't work with your version. The best repository for Google apks (other than Google GAPPS) is ApkMirror.com, go to that site and download the CORRECT GPS apk.The site actually has an instructional page for helping figure out your version, which entails finding the right combination code, which is 3 numbers. If you want, go to Play store and search Google Play Services and install one of the many help apps that will show you which version you have, and which you SHOULD have. Then download that version from ApkMirror. The popup error you keep getting is referring to a Google app that is either missing or incorrect. Or, not playing well with your Google OS. Which brings us full circle to the fact that your OS, 4.4.4, is pretty old now and basically unsupported by app devs AND Google. At least that's the reality of it, regardless of Google's official stance. Good luck. Hope you can follow all that I've just said. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tony2