How to fix message expired or not available?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Every time I receive a message or picture message I get the error message expired or not available I only actually get the message about 30% of the time. I'm not sure how to fix it and if anyone has a solution please give me a step by step on what to do as I am not very good with phones
Thanks a lot guys.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Which phone, and which carrier? Picture messages are MMS messages, which requires mobile data to be turned on -- is yours?

sailink37

Oct 18, 2017
Visit site
Hi, my cell signal is strong pretty much all the time. I have not contacted the t-mobile yet but will give it a try. are there any other things you think might be causing this? Thanks for the help.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
You said it's also with plain text messages -- are these messages sent from just one person to you, or are they part of group texts? Group texts are MMS.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Also, a message longer than 140 characters, just sent from one person to another, can get sent as MMS (it's a setting on the sender's phone).

I'd go into a TMobile store and see if they can duplicate the problem (by sending you long texts). Then they can call networking to trace what's happening to the message, or they can replace the phone if it's a known problem. (Or reflash the update if that's the known problem. I'd back the phone up first, just in case.)

rodray58

Feb 11, 2018
Visit site
I went through exact same annoying problem with an S7 Edge bought from AT&T and repourposed to T-Mobile. I was able to solve the MMS and multimedia attachment issue doing the following:
1. Go to Settings>Connections>Mobile Networks>Access Point Names
2. Make sure the only name showing is "T-mobile US LTE" with the text "fast.t-mobile.com" just underneath it.
3. Edit such access point hitting on it.
4. Name must be: "T-mobile US LTE"
5. APN must be: "fast.t-mobile.com"
6. MMS must be: " http://mms.msg.eng.t-mobile.com/mms/wapenc"
7. MCC: "310"
8. MNC: "260"
9. APN type must be: "default,supl,mms"
10. APN protocol: "IPv6"
11. APN roaming protocol: "IPv4"
The rest of elements in the configuration should be "Not set", "None" or "Unspecified"
Restart your phone and all text messages (regardless of character size' and attachments, will come in smoothly.

Good luck!!

zack253

Jul 29, 2020
Visit site
This fix worked for me today 7/28/20. I'm actually on metro service so each place in these steps it says tmobile I just substituted metro. Worked immediately after so many headaches and other bs solutions. THANX

I went through exact same annoying problem with an S7 Edge bought from AT&T and repourposed to T-Mobile. I was able to solve the MMS and multimedia attachment issue doing the following:
1. Go to Settings>Connections>Mobile Networks>Access Point Names
2. Make sure the only name showing is "T-mobile US LTE" with the text "fast.t-mobile.com" just underneath it.
3. Edit such access point hitting on it.
4. Name must be: "T-mobile US LTE"
5. APN must be: "fast.t-mobile.com"
6. MMS must be: " http://mms.msg.eng.t-mobile.com/mms/wapenc"
7. MCC: "310"
8. MNC: "260"
9. APN type must be: "default,supl,mms"
10. APN protocol: "IPv6"
11. APN roaming protocol: "IPv4"
The rest of elements in the configuration should be "Not set", "None" or "Unspecified"
Restart your phone and all text messages (regardless of character size' and attachments, will come in smoothly.

Good luck!!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thambu63