Nova launcher

tuckertje01

Sep 15, 2015
Visit site
Some time ago I purchased Nova Launcher as special offer for €0.10 but I've never used it because I want to know more about it first since it took me a long time to get my home screen just the way I want it and I'd hate screwing it up. So a few questions:
1. Will installing it immediately change the look or will it stay as it is until I start fiddling around with Nova?
2. Can any changes made with Nova be undone in an easy way?
3. If I change the look with Nova, will my screen look the same as before I used Nova after removing Nova app or do I have to start from scratch again?
4. Does Nova drain the battery at all?
5. Can I use all widgets from other apps with Nova?

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
1. It will be a separate homescreen. It will not affect your current homescreen in any way. It does however have the option to copy your current homescreen into Nova. It will change as soon as you run it. But you can switch back any time.

2. Yes. But changes only affect Nova itself. So there should be no problem.

3. As said before, anything done in Nova stays in Nova.

4. Just as much as your usual launcher will. The battery drain depends how many and what kind of widgets you have.

5. All other third party apps yes. Stock widgets depends on the manufacturer. For example, stock Samsung widgets work with Nova. Also stock Samsung features like Edge Screen, Popup display, etc, all work with Nova. However some HTC Sense widgets and some LG widgets do not work with Nova.

tuckertje01

Sep 15, 2015
Visit site
1. It will be a separate homescreen. It will not affect your current homescreen in any way. It does however have the option to copy your current homescreen into Nova. It will change as soon as you run it. But you can switch back any time.

2. Yes. But changes only affect Nova itself. So there should be no problem.

3. As said before, anything done in Nova stays in Nova.

4. Just as much as your usual launcher will. The battery drain depends how many and what kind of widgets you have.

5. All other third party apps yes. Stock widgets depends on the manufacturer. For example, stock Samsung widgets work with Nova. Also stock Samsung features like Edge Screen, Popup display, etc, all work with Nova. However some HTC Sense widgets and some LG widgets do not work with Nova.
Thanks very much for putting some peace and confidence in my mind, now I know that I can safely explore Nova's possibilities without having to start from scratch again if I should not like it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12