Apologies if posted elsewhere. I've just brought a, bigger memory sd card. Was just wondering how I transfer my apps over to the new card. I can transfer photos, videos etc. But the apps and data won't go over. Surely I don't need to redownload the apps. Many thanks hope someone can help.
    10-18-2017 09:10 AM
    10-18-2017 09:26 AM
    Only parts of the apps are moved to the SD card, and not as files, so links are kept in internal storage to where they're kept. On a larger card, they won't be in the same places, so even copying the pieces to the new card won't help. You'll have to move the apps back to internal storage first (from the old card) - and hope that the data gets moved with the app (that depends on the app) - then switch cards and move the apps back to the card.

The reason it's so difficult is that Android wasn't designed to run apps from the external card, so there's no easy way to manipulate apps that have had parts moved to the card. (It's just one of those "lucky discoveries" that someone made, long ago, that allows apps to be moved. Back in Gingerbread days, we were constantly warned to not move widgets to the card, because they won't run from the card. Moving apps to the card is so common now that I guess they stopped sicking that warning all over the place, but moving apps to the card a) isn't a great idea - for a few reasons - and b) if the piece moved is smaller than the link in internal storage, you actually use more internal space by "moving the app" to the card.)
    10-18-2017 12:22 PM
    Thanks for your reply, was guessing that was the answer. Think will have to redownload the apps to internal
    10-19-2017 08:38 AM