Stuck with developer system ui tuner picture in picture button.

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

The setting was removed when they updated from the beta to the full Android O version. Just wondering if there is a way to remove it now that PiP is built in.

myterryfold

Oct 27, 2017
Visit site
did you find a solution to this? i had the same thing but it got even worse last night when i jumped on the 8.1 beta. That dead PiP button turned itself into the text "3G" (which is weird cause I'm always on either wifi or LTE) and it won't go away. Really irritating.

myterryfold

Oct 27, 2017
Visit site
found a fix for this (if you're getting dead buttons / icons on left or right of your bottom nav)..

1. install Android Debug Bridge (adb) on your PC
2. on your Pixel, enable Developer Options (tap build number 7 times), then go into dev options and enable USB Debugging
3. on your Pixel, go to the play store and install the app "Custom Navigation Bar" (must be that exact one. it will actually use your secured system settings whereas other navbar apps use a workaround)
4. follow the instructions in that app to give it persmissions, it will have you run a command using ADB application on your PC
5. once enabled, use that app to set your "Extra Left Button" and "Extra Right Button" to "None"

after that you should have a normal looking navigation bar

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci