I have a Tracfone LG L41C with Android 4.4.2. Is there a way to turn off the sounds at Settings>Sound>System>Notification Sound>LG Notification Sounds? There is a list of choices (Acoustic Guitar, Arpeggio, Crystal, etc.) but no choice for OFF, SILENT, or NONE. Even when Airplane Mode is turned ON, the Notification Sound remains active; that is, in Airplane Mode it still ding-dong-dings ("Crystal") when the device is turned OFF or ON. Is there a way to set Settings>Sound>System>Notification Sound>LG Notification Sounds to OFF, NONE, or SILENT? This is the only "smartphone" I have, so I am not sure whether this is an Android question or an LG question. If I should not be posting here, I apologize. Thank you.
    10-20-2017 08:41 AM
    No problem with posting here, but I'm running KitKat (4.4.2), so I don't have the same settings that you do, so someone else will have to look to see what's in there.

One possibility is to record a sound for about one second, but in a quiet room, so the recording is of nothing, then choose that as your default system sound. But then you get no system notification sound. I don't think there's any setting for "Device on" or "Device off".

Or you could just set the system volume to 0.

Or you could use Tasker with Secure Settings to set the system sound level to 0 during boot and shutdown.
    10-20-2017 11:33 AM