My Tribute HD shows unread message. I cannot locate the uread message.

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I have tried to locate an unread message in my sms messages. I cannot find it anywhere. I should not have any that are unread.

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
I have this very annoying issue with messenger. All that I've found that works is to go down the list and open each conversation that I was not the last to respond until I finally find the problem. That's if there is a message that exists.

Now years ago I saw a post similar to this and the OP had taken such steps and never found anything and the phantom message was actually a phantom. In that case they solved their issue by uninstalling the app and then installing it again. This should be possible if your SMS is not the stock SMS. Whatever app you're using you could try clearing the cache for the app and/or force stopping the app. These are also things you may want to try if you are using the stock app.

You probably won't loose any messages as long as your stock app isn't disabled or anything, because it seems like third party apps just extract message from the stock host. I'm sure someone will jump in and correct me for how I described that but whatever.