I bought this phone about one year ago with about 16gb which ended up not being enough. Now, for the last month, I've been constantly having to delete photos, apps that I actually need, text messages, and emails just to receive them! It's super frustrating to the point where I went to the Sprint store to look for a new phone (I've got my eye on you, LG G6).

Anyways, I was told that getting a 32gb memory card will allow more space, obviously, but will it stop the terrible lag on my phone? It takes forever to take pictures, the texting just practically stop and goes on its own now and it takes forever to open and use apps.

Thanks!
    10-21-2017 05:14 PM
    That depends on what is causing the lag. If your phone's storage is all but full, moving your media files to the SD card will free up space on the internal storage and help you out there.

SD cards are great places for your pictures, videos, music, documents, and app data (camera, GPS, maps, games). Unfortunately, many apps are not written well enough to use the SD card for their data.

Apps are best left on the internal storage.
    10-21-2017 08:40 PM
    if you've filled your phone's storage to it's maximum, that's definitely the cause of the lag, but if you have above 500 mb, it may be your ram getting clogged up by too many applications installed on your device. A way to prevent that is to clear the ram constantly by Clean Master(on google play). Make sure to go to settings and disable all the features you don't need though.

One other thing you can do is go to the Developer setting and disabling the animations. It might help a tad bit.
    (Accessible by Settings>About phone>Software info>pressing "Build number" until you unlock "Developer Options">Go back to settings>Developer Options>Scroll down to "Drawing" category>changing the animation scale options(there are three, Window, Transition, Animator))
    10-21-2017 08:52 PM