My Phone Says That It Has an Invalid SIM

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I bought a phone with Metro Pcs originally on it but then decide to switch to T-Mobile. For a while it worked but I updated my phone yesterday and now it says that the SIM is invalid. I've been to both a T-Mobile and Metro Pcs store and both tell me to go to the opposite store for help. Is there anything I can do to fix this problem?

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
🙋
Well, if those representatives of T-Mobile and MetroPCS cannot or will not help you - though you'd think they'd have some vague idea of what to do - then we shall have to.
First, did you have to have the phone carrier-unlocked from MetroPCS, and if so, how was that done?

A Bochur

Oct 1, 2017
Visit site

A Bochur

Oct 1, 2017
Visit site
If the Sim card doesn't work in another phone either, then it's probably an issue with the Sim. (Unless the phone u tried it in was locked) all Tmobile for a new sim and they should transfer your number

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
They can put a new SIM in the phone and change the SIM number in the account. (But in a store, not by phone - most of the phone "representatives" wouldn't even understand the problem, let alone have a solution.)

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
I believe that with improperly unlocked iPhones, the device will revert to its carrier-locked state after a software update, but I don’t know whether that happens with Androids.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FarajWala800