Water like stains

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Has anyone actually ever looked at their screen in the dark while turning on from off mode? Notice anything weird about the background? I turned my phone on while laying in bed after It died and had been charging in off mode. I'm staring at the screen and notice while screen is black a cloud like shading on the top left corner. Like some how water began to seep in wet it and left water stains. Could it have gotten wet from previous owner or is my eyes playing tricks on me?

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site

Whatever it is, it could indicate impending screen failure, so back up your personal data while you still can.
You may be able to check for water ingress, which if bad enough will turn the water damage indicators from white to red; check online how to do that on whatever phone you have.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Which phone do you have? I remember on my old Razr Maxx, I could see some blotchiness on a black screen, especially in a dark room. Other people had noticed it on their units as well, so I think it was just something that tended to happen with those screens. I haven't noticed it on more recent phones, though.