I have a zte and my boost mobile service is shut off right now so i was down loading apps that say you can get free wifi or unlimited trials. That apps release date was i think october 21 2017 which was the day i found it and the same maker also released various apps of the same thing different title same day. I messed with a few things. And now i cant get anything in the wifi section of my settings and now even my settings wont open. I tried re setting the phone and it didnt help what do i do?
    10-23-2017 12:53 PM
    First, "getting free wifi" unless it's from a free wifi hotspot (like McDonalds or Starbucks) is illegal. It's called "theft of service" and a lot of ISPs are getting serious about prosecuting it.

Second, I wouldn't trust any app developer who develops an app that helps you break the law. It probably also emails all your contacts to the developer, maybe all your texts, etc., and maybe even installs a virus on your phone. In your case it seems to have disabled your wifi hardware.

You might have to have the phone's firmware reflashed (which will probably mean a technically-proficient friend or a repair shop).
    B. Diddy likes this.
    10-23-2017 03:08 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! I agree with everything @Rukbat said. In addition, when you say you tried resetting the phone, are you talking about a factory reset? Which ZTE phone is it?
    10-23-2017 07:15 PM
    6well geez thanks for letting me knowi had no idea . yikes and gee wilakers.
    10-24-2017 07:41 PM
    Im afraid what will happen and how to do a factory reset . ive heard horror storys of terrible lost info and accounts when doing a factory reset. Any tips or advice to try that.? Thank you both for your timw and info
    10-24-2017 07:43 PM
    Also so since ive already spoke to you guys . do you knowwhy a little cast icon pops in my notification bar ... And im waiting to get in to the zte settings to find out which one. Do you mean build or model?
    10-24-2017 07:46 PM
    What kind of data do you have on the phone that you want to keep -- contacts, text messages, photos, etc.? A factory reset will wipe the phone, but if your data is synced or backed up somewhere (like your Google account), it's relatively easy to sync it back or restore it to the phone after the factory reset.

I'm interested in the Model Name/Number, which you can find in Settings>About Phone.

When the cast icon appears in the status bar, are you connected to a wi-fi network? If so, is anyone else who's connected to that wi-fi network casting anything to Chromecast on a TV?
    10-25-2017 01:08 AM