I traded my friend my Samsung S8 Plus for his iPhone 7 Plus, he has the carrier AT&T Im sure and I have Verizon, what will I have to do to get all my stuff from my Samsung to my iPhone 7 Plus? Will me switching the SIM card work?
    10-24-2017 09:01 AM
    First, Verizon has to accept the particular iPhone on their towers - and that's up to them. Bring it to a Verizon company store and ask. If they don't, you'll have to switch back with your friend or buy a phone Verizon will accept.

Then, as far as switching all your stuff, the apps won't work, so you'll have to find iPhone apps that do what your Android apps did. (And some of them may not be exactly the same - you may gain or lose some features.)

Pictures, music, contacts, etc., can be transferred from one phone to the other, but you have to have both phones. There are probably some apps for the iPhone that can get some of your stuff from where it's backed up to Google (ask on iMore ask a question for each 'thing' - contacts, music, etc.)

The only thing the SIM card does (unless you saved all your contacts to the SIM card) is identify the phone as being on your account. Nothing else gets saved to it.
    10-24-2017 11:50 AM