It feels like I've gone through 20 pages, attempting to follow instructions, but either the writer didn't break it down hard enough or they're all outdated or I just don't know anymore.
    10-24-2017 10:51 AM
    Each phone, on each version of Android, needs a different method of rooting. (As each rooting method comes out, the next version of Android for that phone gets patched so it won't work.) Keep watching the LG section at XDA Forums and root the phone as soon as a verified (by at least a few people) rooting method for your model comes out. ( https://forum.xda-developers.com/gen...g-k20-t3614264 may be a good thread to watch.) Then disable the updater so you don't get bothered to install updates (they won't install on a rooted phone anyway - they fail at about 25%). (If you want to update after that, you'll have to flash the stock (unrooted) ROM, update, then wait until an update method comes out for that version. (BTW, on an LG K20, rooting means wiping out the phone, so make sure you back everything up first.)
    belodion likes this.
    10-24-2017 11:38 AM
    bro same here. not a single method. its made me hate verizon for permalocking their bootloaders. same story with my pixel too. AND there are no responses to this 4.5 mo. old post?
    03-13-2018 06:07 AM
    AND there are no responses to this 4.5 mo. old post?
    We depend on feedback but we can’t make people do it. The OP in this case has not even acknowledged the reply from @Rukbat.
    Would you like me to move this thread to the K20 forum?
    03-13-2018 07:34 AM