Im working on a Project which using SamSung Android Phone (tested with Galaxy S3, S4, S5, S7) connected to Car HUD Wifi for controlling the HUB Settings by Android App, ofcourse we can't connect to Internet in this case, so I need to connect to the Internet for Wave Map Navigation, I turn on my Mobile Network to using 3G/4G but it can not connect to the Internet, I think the Priority is Wifi, not 3G. I tested with another Android Phone such as Google Pixel or another Android Phone EXCEPT Samsung, it' working fine, Wifi & 3G can working simultaneously

I think the Samsung Android OS team custom the Android OS can NOT work with Wifi & 3G at the same time, it will choose Wifi instead of 3G when both connected. Anyone had experience in this plz share with me, Im really appreciate it, do we have any solution for this, how to use 3G when Wifi connect to a device (not Internet) on Samsung Android Phone. I use Download Booster or Smart Network Switch but it's not work. Download Booster still use Wifi, Smart Network Switch change to 3G and disable wifi so I cannot control my HUB anymore.
    10-24-2017 11:05 AM
    What you're trying to do is called dual-homing. Cellphones can't do that. There is a possible solution, but you won't like it.

Connect another phone in the car to the internet via 3G. Then connect both the Car HUD and the Samsung phone to that phone's hotspot, with tethering turned on. (Assuming that the car's HUD doesn't use only a direct connection to the phone - if it does, it gets ridiculously expensive.)

I suggest that you contact the car manufacturer to ask if they have a solution to your problem. There may be settings in the HUD that you're not aware of.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    10-24-2017 03:42 PM