so I'm trying to clean up some space on my phone and I notced, the page where u can click to see what all is using up your space on internal storage, I noticed I have almost 1 gb of audio files. I have all of those files on my sd card though, not internal storage. i have my sd card formatted as removable storage if that makes a difference. I'm just confused as to why it's showing up as taking up internal space when it's on the sd card. can someone please help me?
    10-24-2017 11:58 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Which phone? Try DiskUsage to see if it sheds more light on the situation.
    10-25-2017 01:20 AM
    Samsung on5 is the phone. I have the ad as portable storage case it doesn't give menthe option to use card as internal, but the audio files is on the card but still shows up under internal as well.
    10-25-2017 08:13 AM
    89.9mb space is media files. that's what disc usage shows. still don't understand why cause it's not there it's on my card
    10-25-2017 08:30 AM
    Try turning the phone off for a few seconds, then turning it back on, then look again.

If it still shows the same, turn the phone off, remove the SD card and plug it into your PC (you may have to buy a USB adapter, but they're cheap - under $10) and make sure that the pictures are actually on the SD card. (They should be in your-phone/Card/DCIM and maybe some sub-folder under that.) Just to make sure that they're really on the card.

If they are, turn the phone back on, find the pictures in internal storage (probably in /DCIM in the same sub-folder they're in on the card) and delete them all. Then put the card back into the phone and you should have them only on the card.

(If, when the card is out, they don't show in the phone, but they do when the card is in, you've got me stumped. After 45 years in the computer business, I've never heard of a computer doing something like that.)
    10-25-2017 12:16 PM
    did everything u said. they are really on the card. pull out card not there, put in card is there. delete mp3 on internal storage gets deleted off of external storage. and its not pictures it's audio files. not a good thing to have u stumped.
    10-25-2017 01:11 PM