Hi there,so the manufacturer (Allview) gave out an update for the android 7.0 nougat on the Allview V2 Viper S phone and after that the phone no longer has the live wallpaper picker app on it,i tried installing the live wallpaper picker programs from all around the internet and none of them works it, they always give a stopped responding message and without those apps it just shows the App not installed message.
    10-25-2017 08:32 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! So without the Live Wallpaper Picker app, are you not getting any option for Live Wallpapers at all when you try to set a wallpaper?
    10-26-2017 03:35 AM
    So if i long press on the home screen,and go to the Wallpapers section, when i scroll to the end there is a Live Wallpapers section with nothing in it. And if i download a live wallpaper app it says that app not installed. And when i install a live wallpaper picker app i get a crash notification.
    10-26-2017 07:24 AM
    Also the google play doesn't have a lot of live wallpaper apps anymore because of this missing, is there a way to fix this without root?
    10-26-2017 08:50 AM
    Hmm, that's odd. If you go to Settings>Apps, tap Menu>Show System, and look for Live Wallpaper Picker, is it still not there? Just want to make sure it wasn't Disabled somehow.
    10-27-2017 04:47 AM
    Nope,no app in on show system app section,neither in the root files
    10-27-2017 07:06 AM
    This is a longshot, but try contacting the manufacturer. It's either a glitch in the firmware they released, or it's an intentional omission (perhaps because it wasn't working correctly with their version of Nougat).
    10-29-2017 04:42 PM
    We have 2 exact phones in the family,both upgraded to 7.0 and both don't have live wallpapers,i contacted them but they keep telling me to install a live wallpaper app that will surely work, but it doesn't because i'm missing the software. I wrote to them recently but i'm afraid they won't bother fixing it which is a real shame. The only possible way that i might be able to fix it is only if i root the phone and install a live wallpaper picker app and install it in the system files. But that way i lose my warranty so it's now an option now.
    10-29-2017 06:03 PM
    So if i long press on the home screen,and go to the Wallpapers section, when i scroll to the end there is a Live Wallpapers section with nothing in it. And if i download a live wallpaper app it says that app not installed. And when i install a live wallpaper picker app i get a crash notification.
    Circling back to this post -- if you install a live wallpaper, and then long-press the homescreen, go to the Wallpapers section, and then Live Wallpapers, there's still nothing there? Or if there is and you select it, is that when it says it's not installed?

Or are you saying that when you try to install the live wallpaper, it gives you an error message immediately afterwards saying "App not installed"?

Also, this might not help, but what if you install the Google Wallpapers app as discussed in this video?

10-30-2017 01:40 AM
    I installed the google wallpapers app but the live wallpaper section is not available like in the video, and yes, if i install a live wallpaper app,got to homescreen-wallpapers-live wallpapers and if i click on the installed one i get a app not installed. And if i install some kind of live wallpaper picker app from the web like apkmirror when i try to launch the live wallpaper from the same place it says that the app has crashed. I could take a recording of my screen and show you how it looks like but where can i send it to you?
    10-30-2017 05:19 AM
    You could upload the video to YouTube and share the link here.

It's a tough situation you're in. Since you have two identical phones with the same firmware update, and they both lack the LWP picker, it really points to a deficiency/incompatibility on the part of the firmware. So I'm not sure if you'll be able to find a good solution, sorry!
    10-30-2017 05:44 AM
    Yeah,i might not be able to do anything with it sadly.

10-30-2017 06:20 AM