My Phone keeps turning on and off, without Stopping, and I have no idea what to do.

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I recently got a Galaxy Note8, and it's been fine the entire time. But, for the significant portion of today, the phone was warning me that there may have been moisture inside of the charging port.

So, I waited. 7 hours has passed, and it was still giving me the same warnings. I blew some air into the device to try and dry it out, and then asked the phone to restart itself.

Now, it just cycles between the boot-up screen, and turning off, nonstop. I have no idea what to do, and this is not something I've found when looking up information ANYWHERE. Do any of you guys have suggestions for stuff that I can do?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! That's worrisome. Could the phone have been exposed to moisture? The Note8 has an IP68 rating, but this means the phone is water resistant, not waterproof. If moisture got inside somehow, the phone is probably dead -- and unfortunately, water damage isn't covered under warranty, despite the water resistance rating (remember, it's not guaranteed to be waterproof). You could still contact Samsung and plead your case, but don't be surprised if they refuse to fix it under warranty.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci