I would like to change the style of my clock on the lock screen of my j7 Samsung phone
    10-26-2017 11:24 PM
    I would like to change the style of my clock on the lock screen of my j7 Samsung phone
    Welcome to ACentral - Follow instructions on this Tech article
    Link: https://recomhub.com/blog/how-do-you...ung-galaxy-j7/..
    10-26-2017 11:44 PM
    Hi there,

I'm experiencing this problem too. My J7 just had a software update and on the lock screen, when no push notifications are present, the clock is this awful vertical clock. The time will read, instead of 9:15, it will say:

It looks like a date! This is horrible design! It's driving me nuts and I've only been dealing with it for four hours.

The link provided seems dated and does not help with this problem (at least not with this software update). I cannot find any of the features/settings listed on that article to change within my settings.

I've heard adding contact info on the lock screen would help; it does not help.

I've seen suggestions of themes to download, but I do not want to do that. Also, I read that it tends to reset itself anyways to a vertical clock.

I cannot find anything in my settings to adjust the clock on the lock screen.

Boy, I hope someone can find a solution for this. It's absolutely a bass ackwards design.
    Steve Glowczak likes this.
    10-27-2017 11:59 AM
    ..and I'll chime in too to say I've been at a loss to discover where the control of this basic display feature has been decided by a genius to be placed. It occurred during an automatic OS upgrade from marshmallow 6.0.1 to nougat 7.1.1 on my Samsung Galaxy J7 and I've been vertical clock maladaptive ever since.
    10-29-2017 04:35 PM
    Go to settings, choose wallpaper and themes, select themes and choose one with the standard time display.
    11-01-2017 10:27 PM
    nope and a kind thanks-for-nothing to mr d...789 who joined the day he replied and has no other activity on this site. Installed a screen theme shown with horizontal clock, but when installed theme colors and text applied but clock remained vertical.
    11-05-2017 12:26 PM
    Hey did u ever figure it out it's driving me nuts??
    11-22-2017 11:07 PM
    I just updated my J7 and this happened to me. I think I found a workaround to get my clock normal again on lock screen. If you go under settings, lock screen, then notifications, change this option to on. If you have weather app, put notifications on for it. When you go to lock screen, weather notifications show but clock is back normal, not vertical.
    Thor 666 likes this.
    11-28-2017 05:20 PM
    Settings, display, bottom of screen - "Always on display", clock style - select "digital clock", bottom of screen - clock style, vertical or horizontal style. Should do the trick

Only way to change on Lock screen is to download a new Theme with different time orientation.
    01-09-2018 06:58 AM
    Ksweet71...that worked. Thank you.
    Can't understand why Android engineers did not make changing the clock easier. Vertical is just wrong.
    05-28-2018 01:21 PM
    A lot of workarounds listed, but specifically what you're looking for is Settings>Lock screen>Clock information>Clock Style...Then just choose the one you like best. The update changed the default
    09-17-2018 02:29 PM
    Same issue,

Update changed my date and time in a way it was hard to see and very annoying.

Had to download a new theme to see date on home screen.

Still not how I want it as date is still small and time is huge. Changed my font size, but that did not help either.

Guessing I will need to find a paid theme or a clock / date app as I did not find a free one to my liking.
    09-23-2018 09:03 PM
    On Android 8.1.0 the Samsung J7 go to settings, lock screen and select clock style. I hope this helps.
    belodion likes this.
    10-02-2018 06:51 PM
    I am having the same problem with the ridiculous vertical clock. Hurtsnmyneyes to try to read it and wanting changed. This happened with the recent update to Android 7.1.1. Sadly, in this version the lock screen is not customizable. The format is preset in the OS and is not user configurable. All the theme and format settings in earlier Android versions have been stripped, probably due to security reasons.

Bottom line is that the vertical clock is a permanent preset.
    10-14-2018 01:09 AM