Formatted as internal storage I've corrupted my sd card and have thousands of pictures saved to it but my phone has stopped reading the card I get a message saying corrupted format but I don't want to loose my pictures any chance I can recover everything back no other devices can access my card?
    10-28-2017 01:56 AM
    Formatted as internal storage I've corrupted my sd card and have thousands of pictures saved to it but my phone has stopped reading the card I get a message saying corrupted format but I don't want to loose my pictures any chance I can recover everything back no other devices can access my card?
    You may be able to using a data recovery program but doubtful. Unfortunetely.
    10-28-2017 02:12 AM
    A card formatted as adoptable (internal) storage may or may not be recoverable, depending on what was stored on it and how it was stored. Try PhotoRec (instructions at PhotoRec Step By Step). If anything on the card is recoverable, PhotoRec will recover it. (You'll have to mount the card in the PC, it won't work if the card is in the phone because it doesn't get raw access to the card that way.)
    10-29-2017 01:39 PM
    10-29-2017 02:17 PM
    Recuva can't recover from a card formatted as internal storage - it needs access to the file system (and there isn't one). PhotoRec ignores the file system. It's written as a forensic recovery tool.
    Scienceguy Labs likes this.
    10-29-2017 02:43 PM
    I can recommend to try Disk Drill. It suggests different recovery data programs for various kinds of lost files. I guess, in your case it is possible to use android recovery software https://www.cleverfiles.com/android-data-recovery.html. Though this program is not cheap, it is really helpful. Thanks to it, I was lucky to get all my lost files back. Hope it helps! Good luck!
    11-07-2017 08:34 AM
    Nikole, the card is formatted differently when it's used for internal storage. There may be partial files on it, it's a Linux file system, not FAT32 or exFAT. All sorts of problems.

If it's formatted as portable storage, PhotoRec can recover any files on the card, no matter what file system it's in (or if the file system is corrupted), and it's free. It's actually a free version of a commercial forensic recovery program, and should actually be selling for hundreds, if not thousands, of dollars - but CG Security has decided to release it for free.
    11-07-2017 01:37 PM
    Have you found a solution to recover the data from your corrupted sd card?
    For others who have problem on recovering data from SD card, this article might do some help: https://www.cisdem.com/resource/sd-c...-software.html
    it introduced 7 Best SD Card Recovery Software for Windows and Mac 2018 (Free Included), and can get the tools to have a try.
    05-11-2018 05:30 AM