I have a Huawei honor 8. It's running Android 7.0. My micro SD got corrupted a few days ago and I of course had all my photos stored on it. It was my default save location, which then switched to the internal storage when I took out the corrupted SD card. I just got a new card and put it in. I went to my storage settings and tried to change my default save location to the new SD card and when I click "default location" to change it, it says "you have already created a user, unable to switch to the SD card storage." what the heck does this mean and how do I fix it? My old SD card worked fine as a default so I know it's possible but for some reason it won't do it now and I'm going to be very upset if I just wasted a bunch of money on a new large capacity SD card that I can't even really use.
    10-29-2017 04:49 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! The card wasn't formatted as Internal Storage (as opposed to Portable Storage), was it?
    10-29-2017 04:50 PM
    @B Diddy, I didn't for at it at all prior to this. I tried formatting it after but I didn't see anything about formatting it as internal storage or anything
    10-29-2017 05:31 PM
    That is pretty strange. Is the error message showing up as a notification in the status bar, or a popup window? I've never heard of SD card usage being dependent on a particular user account.

Try going to Settings>Security>Clear Credentials​.
    10-30-2017 01:35 AM
    Hi, I have EXACTLY the same issue. Wondering if you found solution on this?
    12-05-2017 05:45 PM
    Hi... Currently my phone using 16gb after the memory full I change to 128gb.. My phone not allow make the settle default in to the SD card..
    "you have already created a user, unable to switch to the SD card storage."
    May I know what I can do? My phone is Mate 10.
    Thank you
    Chris
    12-09-2017 10:21 AM
    Try to off App twin in Settings, then switch the storage default to SD CARD...
    02-21-2018 01:54 AM
    Has anyone got the answer to this? I got this popup window on the bottom of the screen on my Mate 10 Lite after trying to switch the default storage to SD card. I have only 1 user, myself, and no app twins, I've cleared credentials, formatted the SD card in the phone, but to no avail.

Help?
    02-28-2018 05:53 AM
    I think I figured it out. Search for the Users option in your settings (I searched for it so not exactly sure where in the settings it is, but it's in there) and delete the other guest user, leaving just to as the only user. And that's it! Try again to change the storage location, it may have to restart the phone. Mine did.
    03-05-2018 10:59 PM
    Guys I turned off the applications in "app twin". It worked. Thanks guys.
    03-12-2018 11:41 PM
    I had this problem when I installed a new SD card.
    The other suggestions here didn't help.
    After a while I determined that I could not set the SD card as the default storage AND have a secret space. once I deleted the secret space, I was able to set the SD card as my default storage.
    11-01-2018 04:50 PM
    Hi,

For those who are still unable to solve the problem,
    please try to remove work profile if you have any.

go to settings and use the search panel, search "remove work profile"
    delete it and you will be able to set sd as your default storage.

hope it helps
    12-06-2018 09:05 PM
    This suggestion worked perfectly!!! Thank you.

Babs-Merel de Visser
    After a while I determined that I could not set the SD card as the default storage AND have a secret space. once I deleted the secret space, I was able to set the SD card as my default storage.
    12-22-2018 02:45 PM
    It worked with me too. In my Huawei Mediapad M5 Pro, I have gone to Settings > Security and Privacy > PrivateSpace and deleted it, then the tablet restarted automatically and option to change to SD card was been enabled. Many thanks

07-28-2019 01:17 AM