Why won't my phone notify me when I get a Snapchat?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

My Android Motorola Droid phone won't notify me when I get a Snapchat even when my Snapchat notifications are on and the notification setting in my phone is set to receive messages from Snapchat. I have tried factory resetting my phone, uninstalling snapchat, updating all apps, etc.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Are you talking about the audio notification tone, or are you not even getting the notification icon in the status bar?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Any power-saving modes turned on, or 3rd party battery-saver or "RAM booster" apps installed?

Also, go to Settings>Data Usage and make sure Restrict Background Data isn't turned on, either universally or specifically for that app.

Jonnyboy1026

Oct 30, 2019
Visit site
On my phone I don't, and I'm having the same problem on my Note 9

I'm having the same issues on my note 9, and none of those are running on my phone.

Any power-saving modes turned on, or 3rd party battery-saver or "RAM booster" apps installed?

Also, go to Settings>Data Usage and make sure Restrict Background Data isn't turned on, either universally or specifically for that app.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
You can try uninstall the snapchat update and dont allow the app to update see if it works . Snapchat been having issues dont know if most have been straighten out yet .