As of today my camera will not activate. It says camera failed. I have read multiple articles and it seems this has happened to many other people. I have performed all fixes that I've read except a full restore. I'm hoping there's something else I can do before that.
    Any help will be appreciated.
    Here's the tests I've done so far.
    I've of course cleared the camera apps cache and went into system storage and cleared it also. I've also performed the fix of powering off the phone and held the volume up, home and power buttons and clearing that cache(can't remember the term that's used). I've also started the phone in safe mode as someone recommended and still no luck.
    10-29-2017 08:27 PM
    I'd say that if the problem persists in Safe Mode, then it's either a hardware problem (likely with the camera itself or some connection for it) or a firmware problem. The main thing you can do on your own would be to reinstall the firmware using Smart Switch (which would wipe the phone, so backup your important data): http://www.sammobile.com/forum/showthread.php?t=29914. (A factory reset along might not be enough if you're dealing with corrupt firmware, since you'd just be using that same corrupt firmware to reset to.)
    cjburt22 likes this.
    10-30-2017 02:21 AM
    I still haven't performed a reset but I did just try using my camera through the attachment option in messaging and it works fine there. So it seems it must be a corrupt file or something else. Any more suggestions? I really hate to do a master reset. It would take me so long to bring everything back.
    10-30-2017 10:37 PM
    So it sounds like a problem with the actual Camera app then? What if you install a 3rd party camera app?
    10-31-2017 09:51 AM
    So it sounds like a problem with the actual Camera app then? What if you install a 3rd party camera app?
    It may be the app although today when I woke up the camera app now works but it won't switch to the selfie mode, which is fine with me. I'm not a selfie kinda guy. I may go ahead a try another camera app when I have time to research one. Thanks for the help and I'll post how it turns out.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    10-31-2017 02:50 PM
    Hi I have the s7 Canadian variant have had the phone in a life proof case and otter box case one day I went to take a picture and noticed that the glass around my camera lens was shattered so I cleaned the glass away and now when I open my camera app it freezes on a black screen with the word auto at the too has the shutter and record buttons but I can't do anything with them was wondering do I need to replace that glass before camera will work or do you think a simple factory reset will help it doesn't appear to be any other damage and I can't even switch to front camera. I tried a few camera apps from playstore they work long enough for me to click on a setting but then freezes again
    11-02-2017 11:22 AM