Pixel 2 XL Notification Dots Go Away

shroutr

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
I have an unlocked Pixel 2 XL purchased directly from Google's store.

Notification dots are turned on and seem to work as advertised. However, when I swipe away a notification, the notification dot disappears. For example, let's say I get a Facebook notification that someone commented on my post. The notification dot appears like it should. Then, I swipe the notification away in the panel, and the notification dot goes away.

That doesn't seem like how it should work. I didn't mark the Facebook past "read" as you can do with a text message; I merely got rid of the notification in the panel.

In previous Android versions with the counter on the app, swiping away the notification, still left the unread badge until you went to the app.

Note, that my Facebook example was only that; I don't mean to imply this is only an issue with Facebook notifications. The same happens with a Whatsapp notification or a text message (and likely for other apps).

So, my question is, is this a bug, is this how it is supposed to work, or am I missing some setting somewhere that controls this.

naelya

Oct 31, 2017
Visit site
I have an unlocked Pixel 2 XL purchased directly from Google's store.

Notification dots are turned on and seem to work as advertised. However, when I swipe away a notification, the notification dot disappears. For example, let's say I get a Facebook notification that someone commented on my post. The notification dot appears like it should. Then, I swipe the notification away in the panel, and the notification dot goes away.

That doesn't seem like how it should work. I didn't mark the Facebook past "read" as you can do with a text message; I merely got rid of the notification in the panel.

In previous Android versions with the counter on the app, swiping away the notification, still left the unread badge until you went to the app.

Note, that my Facebook example was only that; I don't mean to imply this is only an issue with Facebook notifications. The same happens with a Whatsapp notification or a text message (and likely for other apps).

So, my question is, is this a bug, is this how it is supposed to work, or am I missing some setting somewhere that controls this.

Same here! it just doesn't make sense. I would imagine the dots should stay until the notification is cleared from the app itself.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gofuckyourselfandroid