Why is my Battery dying VERY fast & phone shutting off while over 30% left. I've cleared cache, adjusted brightness, wireless always off, changed preferred network too lte/cdma, turned location setting to battery saver mode. I don't know what to do. Send to have happened since last phone update. So annoying. I can't even get three hours out of my phone! It's only about a year old!!!
    10-30-2017 12:44 PM
    Welcome to Android Central. If this has been happening consistently for several days since the update try a factory reset after backing up all of your data. Give it a couple of days to normalize after the reset. If it doesn't clear up it could be a bad battery and a coincidence that it happened after the update.
    10-30-2017 01:02 PM
    Are you getting any "low battery" notification first? If so, long-press it and you should be able to reset the shutoff point.

However ...

You should never draw the battery down to below 40%, unless you like paying for new batteries. You've probably regularly drew it down a lot lower than that, and that kills the battery quickly (as you learned). The battery, if you charge or turn the phone off at 40%, should last for at least 3-4 years with full capacity.
    10-30-2017 05:46 PM