How can I unlock a sprint GS7 and 8?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I have 2 S7 smartphones that we are wanting to unlock and use on our current phone plan. There originally sprint devices that we did not fulfill the contract, so there wanting us to pay the full balance on the account including the cost of the phones b4 releasing them. Is there any way that we can unlock these to use with Metro PCS.

L0n3N1nja

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
I think Sprint is the only one who can unlock them, they technically own the phone while you're leasing it, that's why they want the money.

I've heard of buying unlock codes online, but it's something I personally wouldn't trust.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
First, you have to pay the phones and the ETF (early termination fee) off - that's a legal thing. If you don't, they can and will come after you. And they can (and often do) blacklist the phones, so they become useless.

Second, most CDMA phones aren't SIM-locked, so try someone else's non-Sprint SIM card in one of them (it will have to be a nano-SIM). If it works, fine. If not, pay them off, get the unlock code ("For inactive devices, customers must contact Sprint Customer Care to request that their SIM unlock-capable device be unlocked and may have to take steps to perform an over-the-air update to ensure the unlock programming has been relayed to the device. Additional validation may be required to ensure eligibility.").

Third, the SM-930P doesn't have all of TMobile's 4G bands, so you might not get 4G where you are. Same for 3G. So you may end up with a voice and text only phone.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
szcad