Samsung S7 making noises after I dropped it in water

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Hi, I've only had my Samsung S7 since April this year and tonight the phone slipped from my jean pocket into the toilet. I was terrified and dried it before checking to see if everything was ok (display, sound etc) and apart from the sound sounding a little weird everything seemed functional. 15 minutes after and I'm starting to hear clicking noises coming from the S7 (like from something inside the machine, I'm 99.9% certain it wasn't an app) and I'm really scared because my mum will kill me if she finds out I somehow damaged my phone. It was a birthday present. I've tried to dry the phone as best I can, and of course the phone is off now that I've heard the noises, but I don't know what else to do, and I'm scared of turning it back on in case something else happens (I get paranoid easily and I'm genuinely scared the phone will explode if I turn it back on.)

Please help, as I don't know what else to do and for a phone that's supposedly water resistant I'm going to be really pissed off if my phone got damaged permanently from being submerged in water for 5 seconds.

Thank you.

(PS I'm not at all good with machines so I'm not going to have a clue what you mean if you use technical terms -- please try to give any solutions you can think of in an easy to understand way for a noob like me ^^ haha thanks!)

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
First read Oh, no! My Phone got Wet! Then please accept my sympathy - your phone is probably worthless by now. (You can try a few alcohol baths [it's in the article I gave you the link to), but don't be surprised if more things start going wrong with it, until it finally dies. (Unfortunately, you can't remove the battery from an S7.)