Phone is carbon copying me on text messages

tfarnswo

Nov 1, 2017
Visit site
I have a Samsung Galaxy S7. On some text messages, it recently started showing them as a group message and includes my phone number.

A couple examples:

1. Today I received a text message from someone for the first time. It shows as a group message and has my phone number listed

2. I text back and forth with my daughter regularly. It's actually created more than one 'thread'. One shows her name and "Me", the other shows her name and my phone number. Today it put her responses in one thread and mine in the other.

Not sure what else I can include but any suggestions on how to fix would be greatly appreciated

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! What if you both abandon those conversation threads (i.e., delete them from your phones) and create a new one? Does the same thing keep happening as you continue to message each other?

tfarnswo

Nov 1, 2017
Visit site
I've tried deleting them and it does the same thing. I will verify later today that all threads are deleted from both phones and try again. Theres also the issue of the person I received a text from for the first time adding my number. Thanks for the response. I will reply back with results after testing again

tfarnswo

Nov 1, 2017
Visit site
I deleted all threads between us on both phones.
Sent a test message from my phone to her phone.
On my phone it shows "her name, my phone number".
On her phone, it shows "Mom, /TYPE=PLMN"
If I try to respond to the "Mom, /TYPE=PLMN" on her phone, it fails to send.
If I respond to the one with "her name ,me" on my phone, it creates a new thread on my phone with "Me, Her name" and on her phone it creates a new thread with just "mom" and allows me to respond

Hopefully you are able to follow that. The phones are both linked to gmail accounts but not using Google Voice

tfarnswo

Nov 1, 2017
Visit site
I haven't tried safe mode. Have not asked the company, not sure which one to start with. have a company phone through Verizon and she is on AT&T

Thanks for the ideas, sorry for the late responses. It is not notifying me when there is a reply

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Subscribe to the thread (up at the top above your first post - Tools, then at the end of the list, subscribe to this thread), and you'll get notified.

Second, check with both carriers (but you may have each one pointing at the other). Make sure that both of your messaging apps are set to break up messages (as opposed to not breaking them up).

As B. Diddy said, it's weird. In over a decade of being in the business, this is the first time I've heard of it.

tfarnswo

Nov 1, 2017
Visit site
I deleted all threads between my daughter and I. Cleared cache on my phone and the duplicate threads are now gone. I am still seeing my phone number showing up on threads with other people but for now, I'm leaving it. Thanks!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nayminthuyain888