Hi there,
    I have an older phone Samsung GT-i5510 and wanted to take it to my Cuban friend. I have done a factor reset on it and was going to install a few apps for her like google translate, and some games but I am unable to install google play on it. It is saying it needs to be upgraded to ice cream sandwich or something like that. Sorry I am not very smart with cell phones and updates ect. Can anyone tell me what i need to do to get this phone up to date for me to take down to her next month?
    Thank you so much for any help!
    Cathy
    11-03-2017 05:21 PM
    🙋First, look in Settings, Software Updates - I'm not sure exactly where you would find that in that phone - and check for available updates. I'm guessing that there will not be any. The alternative in that case would be to search for an ICS custom ROM on XDA Forums, but installing that, if you could find one, would require some expertise, and even if all went well, might not give a very satisfactory performance in such a low-spec phone. I speak from some experience: phones like that are hardly worth trying to update and use any more.

Others here may be able to offer a more positive suggestion.
    11-03-2017 05:42 PM