My phone only has 16 GB of storage on it, and the apps I like to use take up at least 1GB, so I purchased a 64 GB SD card to hopefully help with storage. However, when I look at my SD cards storage (looking at files when my phone is plugged into a computer), almost nothing is on it even though I set apps to go to external storage, and I'm constantly told that my phone is running out of space, even after uninstalling everything but the most basic apps I want to have on my phone.

This problem is significant enough to me that I'm looking into getting a different phone. It's super annoying!! If anyone can help me with this I would appreciate it.
    11-04-2017 12:32 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! How are you setting apps to go to external storage? Are you talking about the Move to SD feature in the App Manager? That only moves a portion of an app to the SD card, and sometimes that portion is pretty small. The reality is that 16 GB is too small for someone who wants to install large apps, and the SD card has never been good for expanding space for apps (unless you have a device that supports Adoptable Storage, but Samsung doesn't).
    11-04-2017 12:44 AM