Some networks put vital service controls on SIM cards, can be reached only if the mobile phone has a facility to reach "SIM applications."
    I always had android devices but for last 4 years, my primary phone used to be windows. So i did not feel this "deficiency" of android. In Lumia phones, i could easy reach there from settings>mobile+SIM>SIM settings>SIM applications

Now coming to S8+, i noticed there was no way i could reach the SIM applications. Then i researched its same for many android devices. However makers like Xiaomi have system apps like "Sim Tool Kit" which can do this.

More than solving my own problem (i can survive by keeping a second device from either Xiaomi or Microsoft), i am curious to know why there are no threads talking about this problem? Am i the only one who needs the SIM applications?
    11-04-2017 11:02 PM
    can you give an example if what you can do with these settings?
    11-05-2017 12:08 AM
    I can give two (examples of what SIM applications can do)

1st: Trivial - Starthub SIM of Singapore allows toggling of caller tunes by subscriber, through SIM application.

2nd: Important - Airtel SIM of India requires that International roaming be toggled ON of OFF through SIM application. It means the SIM cannot roam in International unless such a phone is found which can reach the SIM application settings.
    11-05-2017 01:51 AM