My phone turned off and now almost everything is gone?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Hey everyone,

So today I was on my phone and it turned off. My phone usually does that sometimes, so I turned it back on and my widgets were gone. (Clock and Countdown Timer). My apps are still there, but I can't log on to my Google Account, Contacts are gone, my home button and the other button where I can see previously used apps won't work but luckily my back button works. I can't connect my phone to the computer because it won't pick that up... so I have to Bluetooth all of my photos and videos from my phone to the computer. Notifications won't work, and I didn't know if this is something anybody knows the cause of or what?

It is a Motorola X Pure Edition 2015.

I have a lot of memories with this phone and photos that are very important to me, and I don't want to risk losing those as well as WhatsApp texts.

Anyway, is this phone just done with? I have a backup phone just in-case.

Thanks.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Go to Settings>Accounts. Is Google listed there? If so, tap it -- do you see your Google account listed?

If you don't see a Google account, tap the Add Account button and enter your Google account -- does that work?

Were your contacts saved to your Google account, or only to the local Phone account? If you go to contacts.google.com on your computer browser, do you see all of your contacts there?

If you're still having problems, try wiping the cache partition, which won't erase any personal data: https://motorola-global-portal.custhelp.com/app/answers/indevice_detail/a_id/107107/p/30,6720,9541