my lg xpower wont display my music or pictures

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

i try to reset my phone and then it will display the music and let me into the file manager but the gallery wont load. my phone takes a long time to read the sd card but after 5 minutes all my media is lost and i cant open my file manager again and when i try to go into my file manager it gives me this message " cannot read files file manager will be closed please check media storage and enable settings"

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Is all of this media on the SD card? If so, then the problem is likely with the card. The SD card could be corrupt, defective, or counterfeit. Install SD Insight to see if the card is genuine or counterfeit. Counterfeit cards are programmed to report more storage than they actually have, and if you try saving more than the card can actually hold, then files can start getting corrupt. (Be aware that SD Insight might not work on all Nougat devices.)

If it's a valid card, then go to Settings>Storage, Unmount the card, remove it, and insert it into your computer. Can the computer read these files? Backup as much as you can right now, then run chkdsk to look for bad sectors: http://forums.androidcentral.com/am...guide-using-chkdsk-fix-corrupted-sd-card.html.