My Nexus 6P will start to download an update to Google Play Services, shows progress from 0-100%. But then nothing happens. Next step should be saying I have an update to Android Oreo, and it showed that one time. But now it doesn't anymore and Check For Updates doesn't show 8.0. Has anyone seen this or know of a fix?

Thanks
    11-07-2017 08:33 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! A major system update doesn't necessarily require Google Play Services to update first. Google Play Services should auto-update in the background (although sometimes you'll get a prompt that certain Google apps need Google Play Services to be up to date, in which case tapping that notification brings you to the Google Play Store page for Play Services). Once Google Play Services has finished installing, you won't see any notification that it's done.

It sounds like the main concern here is that the phone hasn't updated to Oreo yet. Were you ever on a Developer Preview?
    11-07-2017 11:50 PM
    No I'm not on a Dev preview nor previously.
    I see what looks like Google Play Download Manager in the notification bar running directly before telling me there's an update to Android Oreo. But the next time I check the progress it says System up-to-date at 7.1.2.
    I had the screen on and the progress got to about 25%, but then I let the screen time out and when I checked a few minutes later it said System up-to-date at 7.1.2.
    So if it starts downloading 8.0, why would it stop at some point before finishing and say it's up-to-date at 7.1.2?
    11-08-2017 03:18 PM
    After going through Project Fi tech support, I've got it figured out. They had me manually switch from Sprint's network to the T-Mobile network and suddenly it was working. So maybe the push is only happening over T-Mobile's network and my phone would switch networks during the process. Although the download is only happening over Wi-Fi, so what difference should it make? I don't know but it worked.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    11-09-2017 12:30 AM
    Thanks for the update! This is a pretty important tip for anyone having issues with system updates on Fi.
    11-09-2017 06:08 PM