I'm wanting to purchase a few Bluetooth speakers that will connect with each other to play audio in my restaurant. I don't want to have to run any wires. I would like at least one of the speakers to have an audio output so that I can run a sub that I currently have in the corner to give a little bit of bottom end. I have looked at the google homes and a Chromecast audio pairing. Which I think will work. But I don't want the google assistant to be triggered by customers in the dining hall. Thanks.
    11-07-2017 09:06 AM
    Bluetooth from most devices will only run over a distance of less than 10 meters (and in actual practice, you can cut that down to about 3-5 feet), so it probably won't work.

Chromecast has an HDMI output, so it goes into a TV, not a speaker, and it requires wifi.

Bluetooth isn't "triggered" by anything it's not paired to, so as long as you don't have the speakers in pairing mode when a customer is searching for Bluetooth devices, they can't connect to it.

But Bluetooth is a one-to-one connection - your audio source (radio, TV, something) to one speaker for media. The source can (if the speaker has the profile) connect to a second speaker as a phone "handsfree".

But the whole thing isn't as simple as you see it. Running wires neatly so they don't show is a lot simpler. You can run as many speakers as you like, a subwoofer if you want, anything. Look up understanding 70 volt audio systems in Google.
    11-07-2017 01:10 PM