I have my note 3 for 3 years now ,and I didn't actually use it on 4.4 Kitkat. I have android 5.0 Lollipop. Lately , I've been experiencing some freeze, apps launching with delay , bugs like when I call it starts with loud speakers. So I was wondering what's the best solution for it aside from clearing cache and uninstalling some apps.
    In my oppinion , I think I should downgrade it Kitkat 4.4 or am I better off with a custom rom ?
    11-08-2017 06:46 AM
    It depends on why it's freezing. (I have one on 4.4.2 and one on Lollypop, and neither one has any problems.) 5.0.1 seems to run faster than 4.4.4.

Try clearing both the system cache (from a recovery restart - Volume Up/Home/Power) and the app caches (from Settings/Storage).

If you want a custom ROM, there are choices to make. Do you want one that's light (most unneeded things removed), one that's set up for music (with equalizers, etc.), one with a lot of screen settings (like the temperature on the notification bar), etc. Some are rooted, some aren't.

Just be sure that if you do, you install one made for your particular model Note 3.
    11-08-2017 02:10 PM