How to Uninstall CM Security on a LOCKED PHONE?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

My phone is locked up on the MAIN screen lock pattern. I've been told the only option is factory reset but I need my data off it, primarily contacts,etc.
CM Security (Clean Master & Security Master BOTH installed on phone) crashed my phone down when I was trying to remove lock screen options and upon restarting it, none of my previous patterns will work.

I cannot get into it at all and have tried just about every option I can find:
- No password works and there is no option to enter a pin, password or log in to google account
- It will not connect to a computer while locked so I cannot retrieve files this way
- I cannot download any other app to help unlock it or retrieve the info since it is locked.
- The phone is an Alcatel Idol 4 and Alcatel cannot access or do anything to help.
- The provider is Cricket and they also can do nothing to help other than factory reset.
- I contacted Google by phone and they directed me to the help forum where I was told they cannot help either.
GRRRRRRRRR

I basically just need to get my info backed up and then will reset it. is there any way to access the device thru Google to get the data backed up?
When using the Google "Find My Phone" it does find the phone, make it ring, and it can lock it. But it says that if a pattern is set up that will still be the way to get into the device. Obviously this does not work.

Or is there a way to remove the Security Apps from this device using another device, such as a computer. When I log into my Google account, these apps are no longer in the "My Apps" section.

On the phone, if I swipe up to unlock the phone, I have the option to enter the pattern or make an emergency call and that's it.

I can answer any incoming calls (but cannot access the menu at any point during the call) and can also see that there are messages coming in, but I cannot view or open them either.

I can also open the Google Voice and ask questions, but I cannot view answers or access anything else without unlocking the phone first. The Google chick speaks back to me and says "Actually I cannot do that while the device is locked. To keep going, go ahead and unlock your device" (Yeah, right - that's the point!)
Finally, I can take pictures and view them after taken or delete them, but I cannot view other pictures or open the gallery or anything else.

Any help would be EXTREMELY appreciated. Thanks!

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
CM Security (Clean Master & Security Master BOTH installed on phone) crashed my phone down when I was trying to remove lock screen options and upon restarting it, none of my previous patterns will work.
First - NEVER install anything from Cheetah Mobile. (The best their apps do is not ruin your phone. The worst is totally erase the phone. Your problem is about in the middle.)

I basically just need to get my info backed up and then will reset it. is there any way to access the device thru Google to get the data backed up?
Try Recovering files via adb (Post #22). It's about all I can think of. Therte's no telling what Security did to the phone, so there's o way to guess how to fix it.

Or is there a way to remove the Security Apps from this device using another device, such as a computer.
Unfortunately, no. One thing "Security" is good at is security.

But in the future, whether you can recover your data or not, PLEASE back up everything important to something off the phone - a PC or a cloud account (or both).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coehlcke