Title says it all, around a couple of months ago my S7 randomly started shutting off. I've checked for battery draining apps, found none. However I have been using the Samar micro USB charging cable. I'm not sure if this third party cable would cause the battery to be damaged.

List of symptoms TLR;

•Phone shuts off at around 30%.
    •Phone will not turn back on.
    •Phone is at 0% when I go to charge it.
    •Battery life has also been draining quite fast despite there being no major apps running.

Any help you could give on the matter would be appreciated.

Kind regards,
    Conor.
    11-08-2017 07:03 PM
    It sounds to me to a good old plain straightforward needs-a-new-battery.
    11-09-2017 06:41 AM
    I would definitely steer clear of those kind of non name brand Chargers. If you're on a budget, I've had no problems with Best Buy Insignia charger. They cost around 10 bucks or less.
    11-09-2017 06:47 AM
    •Phone shuts off at around 30%.
    •Phone is at 0% when I go to charge it.

To me, that says that the battery is throwing a dendrite. (See Lithium Battery Dendrite links.) The battery has to be replaced. (It's not Samsung's fault, it's not the battery manufacturer's fault, it's a problem of lithium batteries that the automotive industry has been trying to solve for years.)

And you shouldn't let the battery get any lower than 40%. (Lithium batteries are not deep discharge batteries.) If you can't recharge it at 40%, and you don't have a power pack to plug into the phone, turn it off (or expect to be replacing batteries). (That's one reason I won't buy a phone with a non-removable battery. I carry a spare, and swap them when the one in the phone gets down to 40%.)
    11-09-2017 03:20 PM