I can't move any apps to my SD card! It says "Not enough storage space" when there actually is

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I can't move any apps to my SD card! It says "Not enough storage space" when there actually is

I just got a new phone (LG K20 Plus) and installed my 64GB SD card. It still has more than 40 GB free. I was only able to move Instagram and after that it kept playing the message "Not enough storage space" When there obviously is. This has happened other times wirh different phones and I haven't been able to do anything. I can't format my SD card either because I have really important photos there... Please help!!!

Chris5483

Mar 14, 2017
Visit site
Re: I can't move any apps to my SD card! It says "Not enough storage space" when there actually is

I do know some apps are not able to be moved to SD cards. That might be the problem.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: I can't move any apps to my SD card! It says "Not enough storage space" when there actually is

When you "move an app to the SD card", what you're actually doing is moving many small parts of the app, and leaving pointers in internal storage to those parts that are on the SD card. If the pieces are small enough, you can actually lose internal space.

Move all your media files, documents, etc., to the card, but leave your apps in internal storage. (If the card goes bad, you'll need enough space to reinstall the apps to internal storage, one at a time, then move them to the card - which could take quite a while. And you could lose all the app's data.)

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar