Hey, I have $250 to drop on a new phone.
    I was gonna grab the unlocked Moto G5 Plus, but then I read about its "tinny" sounding camera.
    I was also thinking about the HTC One M9, but that seems to be the exact opposite.. dual, stereo, speakers, but lacks performance multitasking.

I only use my phone for internet, music and just basic functions. I don't care about a quality camera, I don't play games and don't want a screen larger than 5" (tho it seems like I need to settle on 5.2" to get a half decent phone).

With this information, does anyone have any suggestions on a phone?

Thanks.
    11-09-2017 04:39 AM
    If you don't care about camera quality what is the reason you didn't choose the Moto G5 plus despite "tinny sounding camera"?

My last phone was HTC One M9. I liked it a lot. It does not have a multitasking screen view like some of the newer Samsung's do. The Dual speakers were definitely very nice if you use a phone speakers as opposed to headphones. I noticed it's not nearly as good on the Samsung Galaxy S8 that I currently have.

As far as other suggestions I I haven't used any other phones to help in that department.
    11-09-2017 06:39 AM
    If you don't care about camera quality what is the reason you didn't choose the Moto G5 plus despite "tinny sounding camera"?
    That was a typo.. tinny sounding speaker

My last phone was HTC One M9. I liked it a lot. It does not have a multitasking screen view like some of the newer Samsung's do. The Dual speakers were definitely very nice if you use a phone speakers as opposed to headphones. I noticed it's not nearly as good on the Samsung Galaxy S8 that I currently have.
    Is the multitasking screen the one that shows all the open apps? I was reading the review for the One M9 and it said that you have to double tap the screen instead of a dedicated multitask button.
    However it said that the M9 lags when multitasking/switching between apps.
    11-09-2017 09:59 AM
    Is the multitasking screen the one that shows all the open apps?
    No, that's the "last used apps". Multitasking is splitting the screen in half, so you can see, say, your password safe and the app you need the password for at the same time.

However it said that the M9 lags when multitasking/switching between apps.
    With the CPU it's using and 4GB of RAM, it shouldn't. (Of course if you run a few apps, and get out of them using the Home button, they're all still running, so that would make things lag. If you close apps with the Back button, it shouldn't lag.)
    11-09-2017 02:10 PM

This is an example of multitasking. When I got rid of my M9 Two or three months ago it did not have that because it was not upgraded to nougat yet. If it has upgraded it should have that capability.

It does have this feature where you can see all the recent apps you've used to quickly switch between them.

It has really good speakers if you don't want to use headphones since they're dual speakers. The only time I remember experiencing performance issues was when I was running a hardcore game ans also listening to music at the same time.
    11-09-2017 03:12 PM