Hi all.

I have rather an annoying problem with Google Play Store on my Philips PUS7181 Android TV.

The play store does open but as soon as I select the search icon (magnifying glass) a message pops up saying 'Google Play Store has stopped'. The only option is to open the app again.

This keeps on happening everytime I go to search and eventually it says 'Google Play Store keeps stopping' and the only option is 'Close app'.

So far I have tried clearing the cache, uninstall updates (restore to factory default install) and even downloading and installing the latest apk from apk.mirror.

It's not a huge problem as I can just install apps from the play store by sending them from the store on my PC's browser. But it is a bit annoying.

Has anyone else had this problem? If so, have you found a solution?

Many thanks in advance.
    11-09-2017 02:23 PM
    Hi all.

I have rather an annoying problem with Google Play Store on my Philips PUS7181 Android TV.

The play store does open but as soon as I select the search icon (magnifying glass) a message pops up saying 'Google Play Store has stopped'. The only option is to open the app again.

This keeps on happening everytime I go to search and eventually it says 'Google Play Store keeps stopping' and the only option is 'Close app'.

So far I have tried clearing the cache, uninstall updates (restore to factory default install) and even downloading and installing the latest apk from apk.mirror.

It's not a huge problem as I can just install apps from the play store by sending them from the store on my PC's browser. But it is a bit annoying.

Has anyone else had this problem? If so, have you found a solution?

Many thanks in advance.
    Yes. My cousin gave me his boxto install apps for him. I'm getting the same problem. Will let you know how I've solved it.
    12-14-2017 07:06 PM
    Hi Baseman9.

Thanks for posting. I was beginning to think I was the only one having this problem. Yeah.. if you manage to fix it I'd love to hear how.

Cheers.
    12-14-2017 07:12 PM