My old phone (Galaxy Ace) syncs photos with my tablet (Nexus) but doesn't sync contacts to my gmail account (on desktop). My new phone has not synced with anything apart from my Google calendar which syncs with everything - desktop, tablet, old phone and new phone. Help !!
    11-10-2017 09:43 AM
    My old phone (Galaxy Ace) syncs photos with my tablet (Nexus) but doesn't sync contacts to my gmail account (on desktop). My new phone has not synced with anything apart from my Google calendar which syncs with everything - desktop, tablet, old phone and new phone. Help !!
    Go to SETTINGS, then GENERAL
    Then, ACCOUNTS and SYNC
    Click on GOOGLE
    Are all the items there, like Calendar, Contacts, Drive, Gmail, selected to ON?

If so, are you signed into the SAME account on all your devices?

Also, for contacts specifically, you can go to SETTINGS/GENERAL/GOOGLE SERVICEs
    -Click "RESTORE CONTACTS"
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    11-10-2017 10:03 AM
    But only contacts entered as Google contacts will sync. Phone and Device contacts won't.
    11-10-2017 01:32 PM
    Thanks for responding. As my calendar is synced across all devices (desktop, tablet, old phone, new phone) then presumably I am signed in to the same account ?
    11-10-2017 03:08 PM
    Thanks for responding. As my calendar is synced across all devices (desktop, tablet, old phone, new phone) then presumably I am signed in to the same account ?
    But did you check to see whether you have authorized sync for other things, as I set out?
    11-10-2017 04:20 PM
    Yes, everything on my old phone was set to sync
    11-11-2017 07:21 AM
    Yes, everything on my old phone was set to sync
    Hmmmm. I'm kind of out of clear ideas. Did you use the "restore contacts" (from Google) task I mentioned? Maybe if that works, it will jigger Google into working. If it doesn't, that may be a clue for someone with more expertise than I as to what else might be going on.
    11-11-2017 07:39 AM