Getting error message "Message size limit reached. sorry you cannot add this image to your message"

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Getting error message "Message size limit reached. sorry you cannot add this image to your message"

When sending a text within Galaxy S5, and hitting the "+" symbol to take a photo withing the messaging app, I take the photo, tell it to send, but get the message "Message size limit reached. Sorry you cannot add this image to your message".

Sometimes I receive this message after successfully having sent 1 or 2 other photos, and sometimes the error is received on the first message.

No other images are in the process of being sent, or have failed to send. There are no characters or graphics being sent. Just one photo taken within the messaging app.

This happens when both connected to full strength wifi or data

Extremely aggrivating, especially when others are waiting for the pic I am sending.

I shouldn't have to clear cache, reboot or reconfigure any settings. This is basic, square one functionality we should not be having problems with in 2017. I always defend Samsung phones to my Apple owning friends but sometimes I wonder...

Any solutions would be appreciated

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Getting error message "Message size limit reached. sorry you cannot add this image to your messa

Welcome to Android Central! Which carrier are you on? There is a maximum file size that you can attach to an MMS message, which can vary by carrier. On Verizon, for example, it's 1.2 MB. If the photo file is too big, that might be why you're getting the error.

jmkjjk

Nov 12, 2017
Visit site
Re: Getting error message "Message size limit reached. sorry you cannot add this image to your messa

I am using Verizon. Since the photo is taken within the messaging app, it should automatically be downsized. Otherwise, there is no way I can find to adjust the size of the photo if being taken using the camera within the messaging app.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

You're right, it ought to take photos at the correct resolution for sending.

In an ideal device, I agree, clear cache or reboot shouldn't be needed -- but your device is over 3 years old, and there's always the possibility that some wonky data has built up in a cache somewhere that is causing issues. I would first go to the App Manager and clear the cache for both the Messaging app and the Camera app. If you don't have any crucial messages saved, I would also clear data from the Messaging app. If that doesn't help, wipe the cache partition (some people do this on a relatively regular basis, or at least after major system updates, to keep things clear of cobwebs, so to speak): https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-28492

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty